I feel like I have literally been non-stop on-the-go for the past few months. Living and/or working in London is amazing, but it can also be super stressful!
Some people like to constantly be busy and doing things, and whilst I do love it I can also easily happily spend my days relaxing and not doing much at all without feeling like I am wasting my time.
They key is to find a happy balance of work, play and you time which we so often neglect.
I love to spend a bit of time on my own, listening to music and pondering life, whether it is sitting on a long train journey, relaxing in a hot bath or being in bed. It is a time that I find I am most creative and can come up with exciting ideas and plans and literally recharge my battery so to speak.
Tips for all you busy bees:
– Spend at least one evening or afternoon by yourself a week, even if it is only popping out for a walk in the park
– Try and get over FOMO (fear of missing out)- it can be tiring attending every social occasion you ever hear about!
– Time is precious so choose how you spend it wisely. I realised in the past couple of years I used to meet up with people I didn’t even really like that much – what’s the point?! I’d honestly rather have fewer close friends than spread myself thinly and have more fake friends
– Don’t tire yourself out to the point where you are not yourself. Relax. Take a spa break. Have some time off just to do NOTHING – it’s bloody wonderful
My outfit I am wearing for this post is a perfect on-the-go outfit. It is nice and comfy but still smart, and can easily switch from smart to instant casual completely dependent on the footwear.
Nude bodysuit: Pretty Little Thing
Black culottes: Pretty Little Thing
Fringed heels: Pretty Little Thing
This bank holiday just gone I ate some really good food.
I came across Oliver Maki – a few month old Japanese restaurant in Soho.
I can safely say it is for sure a new favourite of mine, the prices were reasonable for (amazing) sushi, the décor was lovely and the service was excellent.
The menu’s are on an iPad, 2016 and all that…
Some of the dishes I had to name a few included:
– Tuna and salmon tartar
– Shrimp tacos
– Spicy tuna rolls
– Volcano rolls (soft shell crab)
– Yellowtail and jalapeno sashimi
– Green tea tiramisu